A Myanmar delegation led by Union Minister for Education Dr Myo Thein Gyi took part in the 5th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue from 2 to 3 May 2019 in Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan.
Held with the motto ‘Building dialogue into action against discrimination, inequality and violent conflict’ the forum was attended by heads of state/government, ministers and officials of 141 countries and chiefs of international organizations.
The forum examined the critical role of Intercultural Dialogue as an actionable strategy for building human solidarity and helping localities counter the violence and discrimination in diverse communities.
Union Minister Dr Myo Thein Gyi participated in the ministerial level meeting, in which, he pointed out the crucial role of the education in peace, security, stability, justice, human rights, equality, democracy, natural environmental conservation and poverty alleviation.
Myanmar has adopted the National Education Strategic Plan to reach the goal of sustainable development, provide inclusive and equal educational opportunities, and promote lifelong learning process, he said, and added that the country also is realizing its policy of sending all school age children to classes and reducing the drop-out rate. The ministry introduced the KG-12 system and new curriculum suitable for the 21st century to abolish the practice of learning the lessons by heart,
to teach manners and civics, vocational education, physical education, art and culture and to encourage innovative ideas, he said.
He also elaborated on trainings
conducted for teachers, opening of new schools, extension of learning opportunities, teaching of ethnic languages totaling 54 at schools, non-formal education activities in 81 townships, upgrading of institutions of higher learning, extension of vocational and technical institutes, higher education system that encourages research and development and the opportunities to make the world a better place. At his exclusive meeting with Dr Jeyhun Bayramov, Minister of Education of Azerbaijan, Dr Myo Thein Gyi discussed matters relating to bilateral cooperation in the education sector.—MNA
- ▼May (11)
- Ministries of Ethnic Affairs, Education, Nay Pyi Taw Council explain third-year performances
- 11th education and TVET sector coordination group meeting in Nay Pyi Taw
- Union Minister Dr Myo Thein Gyi attends 5th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Azerbaijan
- Union Minister Thura U Aung Ko attends dinner reception honouring 2019 Bagan Luyeychun Camp
- Luyeychun Students in Grade 8 visit well-known pagodas in Pakokku, Yesagyo
- 2019 Inle Luyechun Camp held the closing ceremony
- Grade-8 Luyechun stuedents visit Salay Yoke Soun Kyaung Taw Gyi and Shinpin Sarkyohla Pagoda
- Grade-9 Luyechun students from Inle Camp visit the famous places in Pintaya and Taunggyi Townships
- Grade-8 Luyechun students visit the Mount Popa, Popa Garden Resort and Popa Mountain Resort
- Luyechun students from Inle Camp visit Inle Lake and the famous places in Nyaung Shwe Township
- Inle Khaung Daing Luyechun Camp opens
- ►April (6)
- ►March (5)
- ►February (11)
- ►January (9)
- ▼May (11)