11th Education and TVET Sector Coordination Group Meeting was held at Office No. 13 meeting hall, Ministry of Education, Nay Pyi Taw yesterday morning.
The meeting was attended by Union Minister for Education Dr. Myo Thein Gyi, Deputy Minister U Win Maw Tun, directors general and deputy directors general of departments under Ministry of Education, officials from the two education sectors, representatives from relevant ministries, representatives from development partner organizations, officials and invited guests.
First Union Minister said the ministry in cooperation with Ministry of Ethnic Affairs had conducted courses on 54 ethnic national languages in 12,248 basic education schools during academic year 2018-2019 and cash supports were provided to 28,783 teachers and outside trainers. In December 2017 a total of 5,161 Teaching Assistants were appointed. Arrangements were being made with Ministry of Ethnic Affairs to appoint more Teaching Assistants in time for the new academic year. Out-of-school education was being provided in 83 townships and basic reading writing courses were also being conducted all year round instead of during the summer only.
Cooperation with international partner organizations to upgrade the quality of distant education was being conducted. Relevant responsible persons, representatives of related ministries and development partner organizations were to effectively cooperate to raise the quality of education and to implement 7 priority works said the Union Minister. Next relevant responsible persons from the two education sectors under Ministry of Education, representatives of related ministries and development partner organizations then discussed, coordinated and suggested on effective cooperation and works conducted by Education and TVET Sector Coordination Group, strength and weaknesses and future works. — MNA
- ▼May (11)
- Ministries of Ethnic Affairs, Education, Nay Pyi Taw Council explain third-year performances
- 11th education and TVET sector coordination group meeting in Nay Pyi Taw
- Union Minister Dr Myo Thein Gyi attends 5th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Azerbaijan
- Union Minister Thura U Aung Ko attends dinner reception honouring 2019 Bagan Luyeychun Camp
- Luyeychun Students in Grade 8 visit well-known pagodas in Pakokku, Yesagyo
- 2019 Inle Luyechun Camp held the closing ceremony
- Grade-8 Luyechun stuedents visit Salay Yoke Soun Kyaung Taw Gyi and Shinpin Sarkyohla Pagoda
- Grade-9 Luyechun students from Inle Camp visit the famous places in Pintaya and Taunggyi Townships
- Grade-8 Luyechun students visit the Mount Popa, Popa Garden Resort and Popa Mountain Resort
- Luyechun students from Inle Camp visit Inle Lake and the famous places in Nyaung Shwe Township
- Inle Khaung Daing Luyechun Camp opens
- ►April (6)
- ►March (5)
- ►February (11)
- ►January (9)
- ▼May (11)