Union Minister for Education Dr Myo Thein Gyi held a meeting with education officers in Yangon Region yesterday afternoon.
At the meeting, the Union Minister discussed timely distribution of school textbooks and teachers’ handbooks, as well as teaching-learning methods and project-based learning with the assistance of teaching aid.
The ministry will upgrade the two-year education colleges to the four-year education degree colleges, recruiting basic education teachers, the priority of locals in ethnic areas, systematic transfer and promotion schemes, teaching of ethnic literature and culture, building individual and coordination skills of school children and their sports activities.
The Union Minister also advised to hold competitions of English language skills, mathematics skills and IT skills, to educate school children not to consume alcohol, cigars and narcotic drugs, but to abide by traffic rules and to practice a healthy life style with avoiding internet games, systematic disposals of garbage, personal hygiene and school health campaigns.
He also discussed capacity building courses, training programmes, oversea exchange programmes, life-long learning skills and organizational skills.
U Ko Lay Win, the Director-General of Basic Education Department, made discussions on practicing ethincs and code of conducts in using social media among the teachers, sharing knowledge about G-10 new curricula, counselling and subjects, cooperation of teachers in education reform, teaching of Myanmar, English and other subjects through project-based learning, free of corruption and friendly relations with the relevant persons in education services. Daw Khin Mar Swe, the Deputy Director-General at Yangon Region Education Office, explained education projects in the region, followed by discussions of district and township education officers in the respective areas.—MNA
- ▼January (9)
- At first student festival, Union Minister stresses cooperation
- Union Minister for Education opens Asi@Connect National Launching Ceremony
- Stakes driven for Japan-Myanmar Aung San Vocational Training Institute
- Union Ministers hold discussion on high education affairs
- Int’l conference commemorates YGN University centenary
- Union Education Minister meets with Yangon Region education officers
- Union Education Minister attends workshop on matric exam rules
- Taninthayi Region secures most gold in national student sports festival
- Union Minister Dr Myo Thein Gyi joins garbage-free campaign in Hline Campus
- ▼January (9)