Union Minister for Education Dr Myo Thein Gyi held a meeting at his office in Nay Pyi Taw yesterday on the matters related to higher education.
At the meeting, the Union Minister discussed the KG+12 basic education system from 2016 to 2022 and preparations for developing university curricula that are compatible with this system.
He also suggested implementing digital technology at the universities, conducting four-year teacher training courses beginning December this year, post-graduation courses, diploma courses, teaching-learning methods, research works, anti-narcotic campaigns and generating qualified teachers. Union Minister for Health and Sports Dr Myint Htwe made suggestions on importance of education for the development of country, supports to state-owned and private universities, research development of universities, improving exam systems and effective use of libraries by the students. Chairman of National Education Policy Commission, Dr Myo Kywal discussed higher education affairs, followed by presentations of rectors on academic and administrative affairs at their respective institutions.
The discussions were also taken part by the Union Attorney General, the Deputy Minister for Planning, Finance and Industry and the officials.—MNA
- ▼January (9)
- At first student festival, Union Minister stresses cooperation
- Union Minister for Education opens Asi@Connect National Launching Ceremony
- Stakes driven for Japan-Myanmar Aung San Vocational Training Institute
- Union Ministers hold discussion on high education affairs
- Int’l conference commemorates YGN University centenary
- Union Education Minister meets with Yangon Region education officers
- Union Education Minister attends workshop on matric exam rules
- Taninthayi Region secures most gold in national student sports festival
- Union Minister Dr Myo Thein Gyi joins garbage-free campaign in Hline Campus
- ▼January (9)