Union Minister for Education Dr Myo Thein Gyi attended the workshop on matric exam rules for the examination supervisors, joint supervisors and students at the No.2 Basic Education High School in Pyinmana Town yesterday.
Speaking the workshop, Union Minister Dr Myo Thein Gyi stressed the importance of a good education system for a nation to develop.
The Union Minister also urged the attendees to cooperate on the implementation of the education system reforming process to establish a quality education system, saying to increase the strengths and minimize the weaknesses of the reform processes after reviewing them.
“The 2020 matriculation examination will be held from 11 to 20 March,” he added, saying to cooperate on exam question and answer papers, checking answer sheets and exam results security processes.
The checking of answer papers would be assigned to the high school teachers who are competent in the respective subjects, and the financial matters will also be transparently conducted in accordance with rules and regulations, he added.
Dr Myo Thein Gyi also urged the Region/State education offices and related universities to cooperate on increasing the pass rate of matric exam, saying not to assign the pregnant teachers, aged teachers, ailing teachers and the high school teachers who are not fit for the subjects to check answer papers.
Director-General U Ko Lay Win of Basic Education Department explained the implementing education processes and ongoing processes, followed by Director-General U Myo Nyunt of Myanmar Examinations Department detailing the dos and don’ts for the matriculation examination.
Afterwards, officials from Myanmar Examinations Department discussed the rules to be followed by the matric exam supervisors, joint supervisors and students, and answered the queries raised by attendees.
A total of 739 teachers from Nay Pyi Taw, regions and states attended the workshop. — MNA
- ▼January (9)
- At first student festival, Union Minister stresses cooperation
- Union Minister for Education opens Asi@Connect National Launching Ceremony
- Stakes driven for Japan-Myanmar Aung San Vocational Training Institute
- Union Ministers hold discussion on high education affairs
- Int’l conference commemorates YGN University centenary
- Union Education Minister meets with Yangon Region education officers
- Union Education Minister attends workshop on matric exam rules
- Taninthayi Region secures most gold in national student sports festival
- Union Minister Dr Myo Thein Gyi joins garbage-free campaign in Hline Campus
- ▼January (9)