With the aim of bringing together students from public, private, monastic, and international schools in Myanmar, the Student Festival Myanmar 2020 was held yesterday at the Diamond Jubilee Hall of Yangon University.
The first-ever student festival in Myanmar has been considered a significant milestone for the education sector in the country.
“The Ministry of Education focuses on non-discrimination and on being all-inclusive. We have adopted the policy of ‘No one left behind, Education for All’,” said Union Minister for Education Dr. Myo Thein Gyi at the event.
Cooperation is very important to train students to be good citizens, and the development of individual attitude is also needed, he added.
At the ceremony, which was held with the motto ‘We All Are Students’, Dr. Myo Thein Gyi called for unity, friendship, and cooperation among students, especially in learning activities, which have been divided into five zones.
He also stressed the importance of project-based learning being included in the school curriculum.
The minister then expressed thanks to U Nay Oke, chairman of the Myanmar Private Schools Association, and officials from international schools and the Ministry of Education for organizing the festival.
Afterwards, Yangon Region Social Affairs Minister U Naing Ngan Lin and Private Schools Association chairman U Nay Oke delivered speeches.
Union Minister Dr. Myo Thein Gyi, Deputy Speaker of Yangon Region Hluttaw U Lin Naing Myint, Deputy Minister for Information U Aung Hla Tun, U Nay Oke, and officials opened the ceremony by cutting the ceremonial ribbons, and saw the entertainment program and explored the education booths inside the Diamond Jubilee Hall.
The festival aimed to bring together all students from public, private, monastic, and international schools, make them join on activities, exchange knowledge, and learn from each other, and encourage cooperation among them. — MNA
- ▼January (9)
- At first student festival, Union Minister stresses cooperation
- Union Minister for Education opens Asi@Connect National Launching Ceremony
- Stakes driven for Japan-Myanmar Aung San Vocational Training Institute
- Union Ministers hold discussion on high education affairs
- Int’l conference commemorates YGN University centenary
- Union Education Minister meets with Yangon Region education officers
- Union Education Minister attends workshop on matric exam rules
- Taninthayi Region secures most gold in national student sports festival
- Union Minister Dr Myo Thein Gyi joins garbage-free campaign in Hline Campus
- ▼January (9)